For many patients suffering from sleep apnea, the cpap machine is truly an important investment in numerous aspects.
The machine not only makes your breathing during night easier, but significantly lessens symptoms like loud snoring, fugitive habits to say the least.
However, if your treatment is for a short-term and you haven’t found a machine or a mask which would suit you, the best option today is to rent a cpap machine and its equipments.
There is no point in wasting $500-$1000 on a machine if your requirement is short-term and if the mask or the machine is not comfortable and convenient. Hence, before taking this high-risk decision, it is always best to rent a machine and when you think that it is fine for your sleep patterns, you can choose to bring home your own unit.
Benefits of Renting a Cpap Machine:
One of the basic reasons to rent a machine before buying it of course is to save a considerable financial loss. If you have a chance, you might realize that monthly rental for a cpap machine would be somewhere between $100-$125 dollars, but the price of a new one comes around $700 upward.
Hence, it is only a matter of logical thinking if you wish to rent one. By renting a machine you will not only be able to save financially, but the saved money can be diverted to other purposes around the house or maybe even pooling up into your investment strategies.
A further benefit of renting a cpap machine is to test the product. Before you buy a unit of your own you definitely would like to ensure that the money you spend for your machine is worth its investment.
Remember, that cpap come in a variety of models and styles with limitless technologies that can easily fool you if you do not know what you are buying yourself into.
A rented machine on the other hand, will help you realize the pros and cons of the machine, if it suits your sleeping patterns and is the best solution for your therapy.
Also, many patients need sleep apnea therapy for a short while, and the machine is needed for a short-term, probably a month or two. Therefore, it is only wise if you invest your money in a rental cpap device, because once your treatment is over you can return back the machine and save money.
Exactly How Do I Go About Renting A Cpap Machine?
- Internet: one of the most obvious and effective strategy is to browse on the Internet for retailers and manufacturers that offer cpap machines and accessories on a trial basis. There are a couple of websites that you might find individuals, manufacturers, retailers, brokers and more coming up with rental solutions for your sleep apnea therapy.
- Clinics: You could ask your doctor for his reference to hospitals or clinics that give cpap machines and equipments to patients on a rental basis. Sometimes, hospitals need to upgrade their machines and equipment, and this is when they think about renting their old ones out for really cheap prices.
- Rental agencies: rental agencies off-line and online could be found without any trouble and allow machines to go out on rental basis. All you need to do is to ask people around you who are going through the same therapy, and chances are that they will know at least one rental agency that rents out their machines and equipments.
- Manufacturer programs: numerous manufacturers like Medicaid, Medicare come up with programs which offer renting machines along with an optional purchase strategy. This will help you to know which product is right for you by renting it first and once you have made up your mind you can go head to purchase one for yourself.
Terms and Regulations:
- When you are on the lookout for rental deals on cpap machines and cpap accessories you should be careful at looking into their fine print. Make sure that you keep yourself away from fraud claims and other terms and conditions by reading your rental agreements carefully.
- If you are ordering your rental machine from the Internet you might get a 7 to 10 day’s trial. This may be completely free or come with a very small cost. You may be required to pay for shipping and handling fees.
- If you are renting your machine from off-line sources you might get it for monthly or weekly rental. The payments start around $100 and increase according to your monthly arrangement.
- The cost of these rental machines depend upon the length of time you would be using the machine and the type of machine and accessories you need for your therapy.
- Renting a cpap is typically much cheaper than buying a machine as long as the requirement is for long-term. However, you may always weigh the pros and cons of renting a machine based on your diagnosis, physical condition and your financial condition.