With so many different styles, type, features and technology it has almost become a daunting task for consumers today to select a cpap machine that fits their needs. The confusion arises from a simple question on the consumer side – Is this machine a complete solution to my cpap therapy?
Well, it might be an astonishing fact to realize that an estimated 39 million people in the United States suffer from some or the other kind of sleep disorder. According to the American Sleep Disorders Assn, it has been proven that this sleep disorder affects 3% to 4% of adult male population over the age of 35 in the United States.
Hence, products that have been successful in elevating any kind of sleep disorder problems have significantly increased in its sales potential, and more and more companies have popped up to grab its share in the sales market spotlight.
Cpap manufacturers like CareFusion, Evo Medical, DeVilbiss, Fisher & Paykel, Respironics are some of the most prominent entities that have been bringing out numerous models with excellent features that try to help you get rid of your sleep disorder problem.
This sleep disorder known as obstructive sleep apnea is a state in which a person cannot breathe during his sleep because of an obstruction in the upper airway.
Cpap machines works by helping the upper airway to open up with a constant air pressure supply which enables breathing to being easier and sleep well during nights. Cpap machines have been strongly recommended by physicians according to the ASDA.
Respironics and ResMed have been recently seen as the big boys of the cpap machine and supply industry. Fisher & Paykel comes as a stepchild to these great titles but has rapidly and quietly brought a major part of the market share by creating a machine with its most innovative capability.
The recently cleared Fisher & Paykel Sleepstyle 200 Auto Series HC254 by the FDA has two major technologies that make it quite innovative. Its SensAwake Technology is like having a nurse right beside you and knows exactly when you are awake or sleeping.
The machine stops its airway pressure while you are awake or reduces it to a low-pressure so that you can be most comfortable at all time. Similarly, the machine detects the kind of breathing pattern you follow and increases air supply accordingly.
While other machines have a ‘ramp’ feature that requires the patient to ramp up the pressure with the push of a button, the HC254 needs no such attempt. Yet another feature that is worth consumer appreciation is the SmartStick Technology. The technology records cpap therapy effectiveness which includes the duration of the machine used and any kind of air leakage.
This data is recorded into a smart stick which can be removed and plugged to your computer through a USB port. The result is that patients can now go through their sleeping habits and therapy analysis to actually analyze their therapy effectiveness.
Here Is A List Of Cpap Suppliers With Their Cpap Supplies To Help You Choose Better:
- CareFusion: formally known as the Tiara Medical Systems Inc, this company has a wide range of Cpap machines, cpap mask, heated humidifier, headgear, and chin straps. The product lines are quite affordable and bring you some good quality stuff at a reasonable price.
- DeVilbiss: the brand sells an awesome range of respiratory products under its parent company name Sunrise Medical. The company has a manufacturing history of more than 110 years and is responsible for coming out with some of the major respiratory therapy technologies like the PulseDose and PulmoAide. They come in line with high quality sleep therapy products.
- Evo Medical: the range of respirator products that you might find here might be quite less, but for those who are looking for affordable machines and headgear can certainly look forward to this brand.
- Fisher & Paykel: this is one of the leading designer, supplier and manufacturer of heated respiratory products in obstructive sleep apnea treatment. Their products are sold in more than 90 countries worldwide; so can expect nothing but precision and quality from this brand.
- ResMed: established in 1989, this brand has been bringing out therapies for OSA community with extremely high quality cpap machines and supplies. The brand specializes in OSA patients and has an extensive research and development program to bring out new solutions every now and then.
- RespCare: yet another committed brand that is focused in management and treatment of respiratory disorders through the development of some of the most innovative products for sleep disorder patients. They have a full line of high-quality cpap machines, nasal mask, nasal pillows and more.
- Respironics: is one of the leading manufacturer and developer in global respiratory and sleep disorder market. The brand brings out its cpap products in more than 135 countries and has more than 4,000 employees and associates worldwide.
Choosing a brand on cpap machines may be a bit difficult, but a little research on the Internet through reviews and forums will help you to come up with the best solution for your therapy.