If you have been diagnosed with sleep apnea and your doctor has recommended you to use a cpap machine, it can be quite difficult to decide which one is the best and will suit your needs.
Most insurance companies do not cover a cpap machine, and if you are choosing the same for an elderly, you can be sure that they need it for a long time.
Hence, purchasing a cpap machine is almost like making a huge investment, and this requires a couple of comparisons and research among the available models before purchasing one that suits your needs.
Most customers get confused among the various models that are available in the market, and it’s usually very common to rattle off evident differences between cpap machines and their manufacturers. However, a common difference among cpap machines is within the model lines and the complication seen in their features and technology.
Why Some Models Have a Higher Cost than Others
This is a very common question among customers, and the only possible answer to this is the difference of choice between the type of machine, its brand, model and the complexity of its features.
While most patients suffer from a mild case of sleep apnea, others go through acute attacks. Hence, for patients with mild symptoms may opt for a less complex machine which will be cheaper, while patients with severe disorders need to go for a costlier choice, as their machines will have more functions and capabilities to keep them in peace at night.
Why Do People End Up Buying Expensive Cpap Machine, Even Though They Do Not Need One?
Some customers end up buying expensive cpap machines even though they do not need one is due to:
1. Lack of information about the right cpap machines available in the market and its therapy.
2. Poor cpap mask selection, which might not fit well resulting in air leaks.
3. Lack of involvement by the patient while selecting the equipment which leads to improper management of the therapy.
Hence, it is extremely important that the patient takes time to do enough research on the Internet about the type of cpap machines that are available, its brands, various models that come in them and its price comparison. This is the only way that you may be able to buy a machine that is suitable for your needs as well as brings you a good deal in terms of money.
Here Is a List Of Certain Machines With Their Price Specifications To Give You An Idea About The Current Market Trend:
- Everest 3 CPAP Machine: the machine cost approximately $400. This is the latest model from the house of AEIOMed. The model comes along with a humidifier and a battery. When compared to its earlier models this model is much lighter, quieter and more efficient for patients who need it working throughout the night.
- Respironics’ REMstar M Series: this is a much more sleek compact equipment that is easy to use and is best for a patient’s lifestyle and sleep environment. It comes with an Encore® Viewer 1.0 software which makes it easier for you to travel with. The price range for this equipment is $500.
- REMstar Basic M Series + SmartCard: the price range for the same goes a little above $500 but is absolutely amazing when it comes to usage. Its 360° connection swivel makes it easy for you to turn during sleep. Its advanced setting along with LCD displays gives you a therapy statistics and this lightweight device weighs just over 2 lbs.
- Sandman Intro CPAP: since the machine comes from one of the most popular manufacturers of cpap machine, you certainly can expect the best. The machine comes with a design concept contributed by patients around the world, and focuses on user-friendly features. It has a super quiet operation, automatic reminders and front display screens for more convenience.
- DeVilbiss IntelliPAP Standard: this can be considered as a cheaper alternative as it comes for $300 with a three year warranty. The air pressure of this equipment ranges from 3 to 20 cm H2O, and weighs 2.75 lbs without a humidifier.
- ResMed’s S8 Compact: this product brings you a price range of a little over $500 and gives you a lightweight and compact system. It has customizable reminders and an automatic power adjustment. It features the LCD screen which makes it easier for corporations.
- REMstar Plus M Series/C-Flex: the product price range closes to $400, but is absolutely amazing when it comes to features. This equipment may be just right for your travel purposes as they are compact and lightweight. The C-Flex™ technology makes it much more convenient for the patient and its 360° connection swivel makes it easier for your movements during sleep.
- SleepEasy CPAP Machine: the machine cost you $350 and has inbuilt humidifier. Although, this machine cannot be appreciated for its compact size yet it’s one of the most preferred ones by patients who need a completely integrated machine with a humidifier.
Apart from these you may also find a couple of other models with more competitive cpap Price. However, it is extremely necessary that you do a little research and when you close down your deal.