It does not matter whether you are a new apnea patient or a veteran CPAP user, one true fact a patient should know is that the cpap mask that comes along with the machine bears more importance than the machine itself.
This is why it is extremely important to read several cpap mask reviews, before taking the plunge and bringing home a cpap machine. Finding a suitable and right cpap mask does certainly require your homework, but looking into a couple of cpap mask review can surely help you to find one that suits your needs.
Cpap mask reviews are extremely helpful if you have been prescribed one of these devices by your doctor, and these reviews will help you choose the right design and model for your use. Your doctor too will be able to prescribe certain brands of cpap masks, but if he doesn’t, a review online is worth considering.
To start with, there are several designs when it comes to cpap masks, of which some are – nasal mask, full face mask, nasal prong mask and nasal pillow mask. Each of these has their own different characteristics and significance, and people usually favor to use one type or the other.
This is why it is extremely significant to know the type of mask you need, and your breathing comfort pattern. For example, if you are in a habit of breathing through your mouth, a full face mask that covers both your mouth and nose will be ideal. On the other hand, patients who sleep on their side may find nasal mask more convenient. It doesn’t matter which one you choose, the bottom line, however, is to pick up a mask that does not allow any kind of air leakage.
The Benefits of Using Cpap Masks
Numerous patients around the world suffering from sleep apnea have certainly enjoyed the benefits of cpap machines, and wearing a mask has helped them to cut down any symptoms of their sleep disorder. The mask that goes along with the machine makes it easier for breathing and also increases the quality of sleep.
The mask is connected with a tube to the machine, through which proper air pressure is regulated such that the patient receives continuous air supply for a sound undisturbed sleep at night. Moreover, selecting the right mask that allows no air leakage reduces snoring in many while sleeping.
Patients who suffer from severe heart diseases have also seen wonders after using these cpap masks which gives them proper sleep at night and reduces their lack of concentration, sleepiness, fatigue, headaches and dizziness in the morning. These cpap masks are available in different sizes and forms along with various other models.
Initial Problems Caused From Wearing Cpap Masks
Cpap masks may be quite uncomfortable and irritating for a couple of people who are new to this pattern of sleeping. Remember that a patient needs to get used to sleeping with a mask on their face that supplies regular air pressure.
Breathing with the mask on especially for new patients may cause irritation, but it has been observed that different users have different opinions about the mask they use. While most people have high tolerance towards this initial discomfort, others may opt for stopping the therapy midway. Here are some initial problems that are faced by patients wearing cpap masks:
- Severe headache
- Dryness in the nose and mouth
- Abdominal swelling
- Eye and skin irritation
- Running nose
- Nose bleeding
Choosing to read cpap masks review on several forums is a wiser option, as the online community usually discusses such issues with possible remedies. While reading reviews do not trust information on sites that specifically promotes a single product as their information and review might be biased. Choose information that gives you both the positives and negatives of using cpap masks.
Here Are A Few Popular Cpap Masks Available Today:
- Respironics Comfort Gel Nasal mask: this is an extremely comfortable nasal mask to use and fits perfectly on first-timers. Its broad silicon pad releases any kind of discomfort, which usually is encountered in small gel cushions. It’s evenly dispersed air pressure port makes no sound at all giving you a restful sleep throughout the night.
- Mirage Activa: if you have a habit of tossing and turning while you sleep, this is a perfect mask that you can opt for. The flexible frame of the mask helps you to independently move yourself and its cushioning system keeps the mask in place while you move. Air leakage in this way is kept to the minimum and the fit is perfect.
- Resmed Ultra Mirage II: its soft gel technology retains the air inside and reduces any kind of air leaks. Its quick release clips on head gears easily help you to remove and replace the mask. The pads installed on the forehead helps to keep it in place.
- Respironics Comfortfull 2: if you have a broad face this mask provides maximum convenience. Its cushioned walls help you to keep it right in place, and its customizable design gives you a personalized fit.
Apart from these, you may also find a couple of models that might fit your needs. Resorting to a reliable cpap mask review is the best way to find the right kind of mask for your purpose.